ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinates zone referee assignments for the following:
- High School tournament matches.
- Club volleyball tournament matches (not including Volleyball Alberta events).
- Junior High and Adult tournament matches, as approved by ZOC or President. NB: not currently providing full services for these levels (Sept 2019).
Uses the Arbiter for creating match/tournament slots for individuals to sign up for refereeing.
Is responsible for the overall completion and quality of assignments by monitoring self-assigned matches and makes appropriate changes where necessary to align match competitiveness with referee capability. Escalates associated concerns to ZOC or President.
Sends out status updates for referee requests to coaches and league contacts, allowing reasonable time for the event to find replacements or supplemental officials if coverage is short.
- Coordinates with the Development Coordinator for suitable tournaments that can be used for development practical evaluations.
- Identify and contact event coordinators when the zone will use the event for development purposes.
- Provides event contact and schedule information to the Development Coordinator for events being used for development purposes.
Reports to the treasurer:
- Upcoming tournament requests.
- Final tournament referee assignments via excel/google sheets, etc.
- Any changes to matches worked or not worked, or other individual referee/Arbiter anomalies or retroactive changes (after payment).
Direct questions and concerns about items not directly related to assigning (i.e. quality of officials, rates) to the appropriate executive member of the board for follow-up and discussion.
Provides a coverage report, upon request, for the executive board that details matches covered, coverage percentage, and any other requested information.
Attends league meetings as directed by the ZOC.
Attends all zone board meetings.
Attends all zone annual general meetings.
Performs other duties as assigned.